Sunday, November 2, 2008

Journey has begun..

A quick note now that I'm on my way..

I'm currently in Invercargill catching up with the family. Went to our holiday house at Athol in northern Southland today to do some work, painted a shed, and did a little bit of chainsawing.. We've got 4 acres there, and I call it our country estate!
Here's a couple of photos of the place:









So I'm off to Dunedin tomorrow with Dad, then up to Christchurch on Tuesday morning.

Tuesday afternoon is when it all really begins- we get kitted out with all our gear, and make sure we're all ready to go. Then, all going to plan and weather permitting, we fly down on Wednesday morning! So its not too far away at all..

1 comment:

AndyF said...

Hi David

Anna sent me you blog address.

Make the most of your last look at the colour green for a while {not counting the buildings down there}

Hope you enjoy yourself, I don't think the place has changed too much in the 30 yrs since I was down.

Look forward to following your adventure

Andy Fraser